Who is Film FloridaJohn Lux
Who Is Film Florida?
Film Florida is a state-wide not-for–profit entertainment production trade association that represents Florida’s film, TV & digital media production industry. Our members include a who’s who in the Sunshine State’s film and entertainment industry – whether making things happen at a local film commission, representing a labor organization, educating tomorrow’s industry leaders, laboring behind the camera, developing the next great video game or app, providing equipment or working behind the scenes as the glue that keeps a project together. Film Florida values leadership, collaboration, courage and informed action and has a mission to provide a true focal point for Florida’s entertainment production industry, enabling the implementation of powerful economic policy, effective worldwide marketing, positive economic impact, and professional standards of excellence. Film Florida’s vision is to help create and maintain a sustainable, professional and productive entertainment production industry in Florida with an international reputation for excellence.
Film Florida meets quarterly to discuss topics and issues of concern to us all, and then moves forward with a plan of action to help achieve our goals. We are very closely connected with the Florida Office of Film and Entertainment and local film offices, helping to craft the incentive programs offered throughout our state. We market and promote the state as a destination for projects and companies working in the industry. Our growing membership provides a network, a platform and the chance to play an active part in solidifying Florida’s position as a major production destination.
View the Film Florida’s Board of Director’s to see a list of who’s who in Film Florida.
Check out our Members list for our online directory of members.
Why Join Film Florida?
Why is Film Florida membership is valuable? We asked our members, here are the top reasons our members say membership in Film Florida is important:
- Members are an active part of shaping the future of Florida’s entertainment production industry through Film Florida’s legislative involvement. Instead of sitting on the sidelines, we’re in the game making positive change.
- Members help maintain and build Florida’s infrastructure to strengthen entertainment production in Florida. We want to bring more jobs, and more business into our community.
- Members react to and shape the issues that have an effect on the growth of our infrastructure, for example starting the licensure of hair and make-up artists, deregulation of talent agencies and starting a task force to address the cost of production insurance during hurricane season.
- Members get to market Florida through group involvement by participating in Film Florida sponsored sales missions at trade shows, conferences and film festivals.
- Members meet new business associates and become familiar with members by taking advantage of the many networking opportunities that Film Florida offers.
Visit the Board of Director’s Page
for a list of more people who can tell you about Film Florida.
Film Florida holds quarterly meetings in rotating markets with exception of the March meeting held during the legislative session in Tallahassee. Meetings have taken place in Amelia Island, Sarasota, Orlando, Boca Raton, Miami, Key West, St. Augustine and Tampa. A typical meeting agenda will include a day of committee and council meetings followed by a morning for the full board of directors meeting along with evening receptions and luncheons. Meetings often include tours of the host market’s production facilities, tourist attractions, or film schools.