“The funds namesake, Don Davis, was instrumental in passing legislation that has resulted in jobs and growth for Florida’s film industry,” said Graham Winick, Past President of Film Florida. “Representative Don Davis revived our industry by spearheading legislation that truly took our state to a more level playing field with other states also competing to bring in production business.” Then-Florida Lt. Governor Jeff Kottkamp agreed, “This is a fitting memorial to Representative Don Davis whose hard work has helped grow Florida’s film, television and digital media industry incentive program.”
In its first year of inception, the Fund was awarded a cash donation of $10,000 from Universal Studios Florida Production Group (USFPG) and its parent company NBC Universal. At stated by Pamela Tuscany-Warren, Vice President of USFPG,
These goals are:
- Promote the creation of jobs in the film & entertainment production industry
- Promote economic development and tourism for the State of Florida
- All projects must be shot entirely on location in Florida.
- All major post production must be done in Florida.
- Majority of crew hired must be “Florida Workers” defined as a person who has been a resident of Florida for at least one year at some time; or a person who graduated from a film school, college, university or community college in Florida in the past five years; or a person enrolled full-time in such a school, college or university.
- Filmmaker must have completed principal photography and be well into post production at the time of application.
- Projects in development, pre-production, production or the early stages of post production will not be considered.
- No student projects, graduate or undergraduate, will be considered.
- You do not have to be a member of Film Florida to apply. In order to apply, you need to submit a proposal packet which includes these primary elements:
- A completed project summary cover page which should include budget and distribution summaries and screener copy (DVD or file) of your working rough-cut.
- Application fee of $35.00. Please make check payable to Film Florida and send completed packet to:
Attn: Don Davis Film Finishing Fund
2516 Quail Park Terrace
Kissimmee, FL 34743
Film Florida is legally responsible to the grantor(s) and must ensure that all funds are being used in accordance with your project proposal and budget. Film Florida must also guarantee that all activities are conducted according to IRS regulations and to that end, we will monitor all contributions received and expenditures of the funds.