The Nicholson School of Communication and Media (NSCM) in the College of Sciences at the University of Central Florida (UCF) invites applications for a nine-month, non-tenure earning instructor or lecturer position anticipated to begin August 2022.
The successful candidate will contribute to the Film program through teaching at the undergraduate level and, depending on the highest degree attained, may teach at the graduate level, and support the Film MFA degree by providing critiques, mentoring, and serving on the graduate thesis committees. The successful candidate will teach four courses per semester and participate in school and university service, including committee work.
- A master’s degree (for an instructor) or a terminal degree (for a lecturer) in Film, Media Production or a related field from an accredited institution is required by the time of hire. Consideration will also be given for a bachelor’s degree plus ten years or more professional experience in production roles within the film industry.
- Evidence of professional accomplishment in film and/or media production.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative educational environment with faculty, students, and administrators.
- Three years of college-level teaching experience in one or more of the following areas: cinematography, directing, editing, filmmaking, production management, screenwriting, sound design, or related film production and post-production technology.
- Understand independent and mainstream film production and post-production.
- Have professional experience involving production, sound, editing and post-production workflows, writing, post-sound design, color grading, or mixing.
- Demonstrated fluency with two or more of the following technical tools: Adobe Premiere, Adobe AfterEffects, Davinci Resolve, digital camera systems, professional microphone systems and audio mixers.
NSCM is a student-centered school with a very collegial and friendly faculty and staff. NSCM strives to be a premier academic program known for excellence in research, teaching and service to students and the community. Students are active in internships and organizations on and off-campus. For more information about the school and its programs, visit https://communication.ucf.edu.
The College of Sciences (COS) houses most of the university’s natural, computational, and social sciences in eight departments, two schools and several centers. The college’s programs play a key role in advancing UCF as a national research university that is determined to help students from all backgrounds achieve success. For more information, visit https://sciences.ucf.edu.
UCF, located in Orlando, Florida, is classified as a Very High Research Activity university by the Carnegie Foundation. With a diverse student body of more than 70,000 students, UCF is one of the largest universities in the country. The university offers more than 200-degree programs. UCF is committed to diversity and was designed as a Hispanic Servicing Institution in 2019. For more information, visit https://www.ucf.edu.
UCF requires all applications and supporting documents to be submitted electronically through the Human Resources website https://www.ucf.edu/jobs. In addition to the online application, interested candidates should upload the following:
(1) A letter of application (cover letter) indicating qualifications for the position.
(2) A Curriculum Vita (CV).
(3) Three academic or professional references (including address, phone number and email address.)
(4) A teaching statement of no more than 300 words that addresses the ability to teach using different delivery, including online or large classes.
(5) Links to preview work samples.
NOTE: When applying, please have all your documents ready to upload at the same time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents later. Candidates will not be considered unless all the above materials are received. Candidates are responsible for ensuring all materials have been uploaded correctly.
Review of the applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Questions regarding the position should be directed to Debbie Doyle, HR Generalist at email@example.com.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/docuements/PresidentsStatement.pdf.
As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.