To market Hillsborough County as a premier production destination. The Film Commissioner will execute a fiscally sound business plan that supports the local film and digital industry; participate in selected sales missions and trade shows that influence film and media projects thereby increasing the economic impact in Hillsborough County and raise awareness of Hillsborough County assets through familiarization trips and scouting tours in partnership with local businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market the Destination’s film infrastructure, diverse locations, and incentives to studios, production companies, and filmmakers to increase the growth and development of the film industry.
- Attend targeted out-of-market sales missions and industry trade shows to promote Hillsborough County as a premier filming and digital media destination.
- Partner with educational institutions to develop programs that will further the efforts of indigenous production.
- Maintain diverse, creative, and up-to-date promotional materials that highlight the destination’s vast resources.
- Participate in educational outreach to non-industry community groups on the benefits of production in our area
- Build an extensive film production location.
- Produce production guide/packet materials representing the area.
- Act as the liaison between the production companies, property managers and state, local, and federal officials
- Communicate the production activity across all platforms to educate the partners, shareholders, and the community on film related activities.
- Facilitate the County’s film production incentive program.
- Develop and implement a fiscally responsible strategic business plan.
- Maintain metrics and benchmarks of production activity in Hillsborough County (i.e. permits, room nights, economic impact, locals hired, etc.).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film Production or related major needed, Master’s Degree preferred
- Marketing & Public Relations experience needed
- Media training is a plus
- Superior Communications skills are a must
Qualified Candidates Should Send Credentials to FilmHR@VisitTampaBay.com