Due to overwhelming demand, the submission is currently closed. Please check back after August 1, 2021 for when submissions will be accepted again.
The Florida Emerging Filmmakers Fund provides cash in the amount of $500 – $1,000 per project to deserving filmmakers needing help for their film projects. In addition to cash, projects selected for the Emerging Filmmakers Fund will receive mentorship from an industry professional throughout the project. Eligible projects submitted may include a broad range of subject matter and are judged by a committee of top industry professionals within Film Florida. As its name implies, the goal of the fund is to provide financial support to emerging filmmakers in Florida.
The program funds filmmakers working in both short and long formats. All genres are eligible- documentary, dramatic, educational, narrative, animated and experimental- whose films demonstrate advanced and innovative skills and whose works relates to the goals of Film Florida including creating jobs in the film and entertainment production industry and to promote economic development and tourism for the State of Florida. Filmmakers from all backgrounds, are encouraged to apply. Projects that are approved will receive cash disbursement in 2 payments based on approval of the mentor. Since submissions will be evaluated on a rolling calendar, there is no deadline for submitting. Projects will be evaluated as they are submitted.
Florida Emerging Filmmakers Fund Requirements:
- Applicant must be a Florida resident.
- All projects must be filmed entirely on location in Florida.
- All major post production must be done in Florida.
- Majority of crew hired must be “Florida Workers” defined as a person who has been a resident of Florida for at least one year at some time; or a person who graduated from a film school, college, university or community college in Florida in the past five years; or a person enrolled full-time in such a school, college or university.
- Projects in development, pre-production, production or the early stages of post production are eligible.
- You do not have to be a member of Film Florida to apply but Film Florida members will receive priority.
In order to apply, you need to submit a proposal packet which includes these primary elements:
- Creative Treatment and/or Script, Budget, Schedule, documentation of how much funds have been secured, and how additional funds from Film Florida will be used.
- Application Fee: Free for Film Florida members, $50 for non-members. We encourage applicants to spend an additional $25 to join Film Florida as an individual member for $75 and take advantage of additional benefits of membership including the free membership gift. Please make check payable to Film Florida (if applicable) and send completed packet to:
Attn: Florida Emerging Filmmakers Fund
2516 Quail Park Terrace
Kissimmee, FL 34743
Recipients of the Florida Emerging Filmmakers Fund will be obligated to have finished film carry Film Florida logo in end credits, and filmmaker will have to be available for press opportunities.
Film Florida is legally responsible to the grantor(s) and must ensure that all funds are being used in accordance with your project proposal and budget. Film Florida must also guarantee that all activities are conducted according to IRS regulations and to that end, we will monitor all contributions received and expenditures of the funds.