Greetings Film Florida Individual Members,
In January 2013, Film Florida introduced the individual membership level to actively engage the front line workers of the industry. It was an important, and extremely beneficial, step for the organization to represent those who are in the trenches every day.
Since its inception six years ago, the goal has been to provide as much value as possible to the individual members, much of which has increased in the last three years through the following:
- By partnering with member organizations and/or hosting more functions for networking and professional development
- Expanding the Film Florida scholarships/grants for filmmakers
- Enhancing our internal marketing to ensure our members are better informed about challenges and opportunities
- Increasing our external marketing in an effort to bring more projects and jobs to Florida for our industry professionals
- Assisting local film commissions as they launch local incentive programs (currently 7 counties)
- Fostering partnerships with educational institutions
- Offering the Affinity Travel Benefits membership program to all members at no cost
- Forging stronger relationships through partnerships and memberships with numerous organizations such as the Florida Chamber of Commerce, Associated Industries of Florida, Florida TaxWatch, and VISIT FLORIDA, to name a few
- Expanding the overall activity level of the organization, including the launch of the Film Florida Podcast, which benefits everyone
- Providing fast and reliable information on legislative matters, media requests, assistance with speeches and presentations, website questions, social media responses and production inquiries.
- Through your continued support, we look forward to working strategically to expand these programs and meet the needs of professionals, educators, businesses, and commissions.
After discussions with the Film Florida Membership Committee, the Film Florida Executive Board, and the Film Florida Board of Directors, the Board of Directors has approved a rate increase for the individual membership level (“Production Coordinator”) from $50 to $75 effective July 1, 2019. This would be the first implemented increase in membership in six years.
Film Florida is only as strong as its membership. Paid memberships have almost doubled in the last three years, showing the commitment the members have to grow and strengthen the industry. We hope that you see this increase as fair for the value we provide and we sincerely hope you will continue to be part of the Film Florida team. If you have any questions or would like to reach out, please feel free to do so by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 321-863-4226.
President, Film Florida